Waterford CFE courses open up direct employment opportunities
Waterford CFE courses can provide access to 3rd level education
FETAC registered programmes leading to (QQI) awards
An application fee of €25 will apply
Courses at Waterford College of Further Education are funded largely by the European Social Fund. Tuition costs are covered for Irish and EU citizens undertaking PLC courses. However, all learners are required to pay the following:
- On acceptance the registration fee for Level 5 courses is €500.00, Level 6 €530 (both include QQI exam fees), part exemption applies to these if the applicant has a full up to date medical card (€250.00), if they are in a receipt of a SUSI grant or Back to Education Allowance, €200.00, we require proof of exemption with payment.
- Individual course fees apply – see specific course pages for uptodate course fees*.
- A QQI Exam fee of is paid at regustration. (All learners who are holders of a medical card, VTOS or BTEA are exempt from paying this charge). The remaining courses offered by the Institute are certified by other accrediting bodies namely: BTEC, ITEC, ATI and City & Guilds. Please contact us to find out the costs of these examination fees.
- A government levy of €200 paid annually. Eligible participants on PLC courses of more than one year’s duration must pay the contribution for each year of that course.(Learners who are holders of a medical card, VTOS, BTEA or receive a SUSI grant are exempt from paying this charge).
- There is also a cost of registration with professional bodies for a small number of our courses such as Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI).
*Course fees are used as a general fund to provide learner resources for PLC courses.
• There are no tuition fees payable to the College by EU Nationals. However, students should budget for the cost of examinations, textbooks and materials. Non-EU Nationals who do not meet the exemption requirements are liable for the full tuition fee as per instructions of the Department of Education and Skills.
• Department of Education and Skills Contribution Fee is payable on registration (non-refundable).
• College registration fee / student services fee of is payable on registration. This consists of a a non-refundable Fee (50% refund available before 31st October for early leavers.)
• Additional course fees may apply – see relevant course descriptor page.
• Some exemptions are available on above costs.
Please Note: All postal orders or bank drafts should be made payable to “WWETB”.
QQI Exam Fee is payable on registration for all learners.
QQI Examination Fee
QQI Exam Fee is payable on registration.
QQI fee is payable on registration for Level 6 courses.
Back to Education Allowance
If you are unemployed, parenting alone or have a disability and getting certain payments from the Department of Social Protection or signing for credits, you may be eligible for the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA). Information is available from the Department of Social Protection.
The College is located in the City Centre, close to the City Bus and Train Station. A public car park is available approximately three minutes walk from the college.
Wholetime Class Hours
9:15am – 4:30pm
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED
School Visits: WCFE are happy to visit your school to give information on our courses and facilities. To book contact email@example.com.
Career Exhibitions: WCFE participates in many career exhibitions within the region.
Open Day: WCFE Open day will take place every annually. Please check back to this site for updates.