- Restaurant Skills 5N2080
- Beverage Service 5N2019
- Restaurant Hospitality 5N2082
- Licensed Trade Laws 5N0633
- Personal Effectiveness 5N1390
- Work Practice 5N1433
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Bar Control and Sales 5N0692
- Word Processing 5N1358
- Learners do relevant work practice which increases employment prospect
This programme will provide the learner with the opportunity to work in the Catering and Bar Service industry. The course will be structured to explore restaurant and bar skills, including operating procedures and detailed product knowledge. The course will also provide the learner with experience, knowledge and best practice in relation to hospitality, teamwork and customer care within the industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Application from mature students will be considered.
- QQI Level 5 – Restaurant Operations (5M2089)
The full QQI Level 5 award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. It will consist of two block placements (to be specified by the college) and/or day release.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.