- Exercise and Fitness
- Sports lndustry Practice
- Health Promotion
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Nutrition
- Team Leadership
- Personal and Professional Development
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pre & Post Event Massage
- Sports Massage Techniques
- Palpitation Techniques
- Sports Therapy Electrical Equipment
- Strapping & Taping
- Diagnosis and Practice
- Occupational First Aid
- Sports Clinics
- Sports Clubs
- Alternative Therapy Clinics
- Health Centres
- Leisure Centres
- Health Farms
- Gym Instructor
- Physical Therapy Clinics
- Spa Facilities
- Fitness Instructor
This course aims to provide learners with the skill necessary to work in the sports and recreation/sports therapy industries. Sports therapists provide a valuable service to the sports industry, specialising in the prevention and management of soft tissue injuries through manual massage techniques and electrical treatments. This course will also provide learners with the theoretical and practical knowledge to work in the fitness industry or to study at a higher level.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- QQI – Level 5 Sport & Recreation or Equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI – Level 6 Sports & Recreation (6M5147)
- ITEC – Level 3 Award in Sports Massage Therapy
- ITEC – Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- QQI – Occupational First Aid
The full QQI Level 6 Certificate facilities entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.