- Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness (University of Limerick)
- Swimming / Life Saving QQI modules
- Sport and Recreation Studies
- Exercise and Fitness
- Health Related Fitness
- Work Experience
- Leisure Facility Operations
- Occupational First Aid
- Leisure Facility Administration
- Gym Instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Physical Trainer (Team Sports)
- Personal Trainer
- Leisure Attendant
Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness
- Introduction to Human Movement Studies (Kinesiology)
- Lifestyle, Fitness & Wellness
- Health Related Physical Fitness (HRPF) Assessment and Programme Design
- Exercise & Health Fitness Management & Work Placement
- Occupational First Aid for Exercise & Physical Activity
- Applied Exercise & Health Fitness 1: (Exercise to Music)
- Applied Exercise & Health Fitness 2: (Resistance Training)
- Applied Exercise & Health Fitness 3: (Circuit Training & Body Conditioning)
- Applied Exercise & Health Fitness 4: (Step Training & Flexibility)
An intensive full-time course which prepares students for a career in the fitness industry. It is an ideal foundation for students wishing to enter the industry directly or for students wishing to study Fitness and Health Courses at higher level. The Certificate in Exercise and Health Fitness (NCEF), accredited by the University of Limerick, is a core qualification of this course.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants will be required to provide Garda clearance.
- QQI Level 5 – Sport and Recreation (5M5146)
- Certificate in Exercise and Health Fitness (formerly NCEF Level 1)
- Occupational First Aid
- Irish Water Safety (IWS) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Speed, Agility and Quickness (S.A.Q.) Foundation/Level 1
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must arrange one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
- The full QQI Level 5 certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to the Sports Therapy and Injury Management course in WCFE. This course offers QQI Level 6 Sports and Recreation and ITEC Sports Therapy qualifications.
This course provides the qualifications needed to apply for the Sports Therapy and Injury Management course.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.