- Community Arts Practice
- Research and Study Skills
- Work Experience
While the course is designed to facilitate progression to Third Level Arts programmes, the ultimate career options for graduates could involve teaching, the law, research, writing, or applying for Gardaí.
A full-time course that will be of interest to any student considering a degree in Arts in any third level institution. Pre Third Level Arts offers a wide-range of subjects across the humanities, and also features classes in important skills like Research, and gives students an opportunity to explore their interests in variety of academic areas. The course is a springboard to Arts programmes in ITs and Universities, or to more vocational routes like the Gardai or Community Arts.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Cert/ Leaving Cert Applied.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants from mature students and those with relevant prior learning will also be considered.
- Written References.
- QQI Level 5 – General Studies (5M3114)
The full QQI Level 5 certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. The following courses would be of particular interest to graduates of Pre Third Level Arts:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) at WIT and DIT.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) at NUI Maynooth and NUI Galway.
- Bachelor of Arts at University College Galway and University of Limerick.
- Bachelor of Arts at University of Limerick with Mary Immaculate College.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Policing and Criminal Justice at University of Limerick.
- Bachelor of Arts (Child, Youth and Family: Policy and Practice) NUI Galway
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the
academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.