- Speech and Language Therapy Practice
- Speech and Language Therapy Theory
- Care Support
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Work Experience
- Human Growth and Development
- Child Development
- Healthcare Assistant in a Speech & Language Therapy unit
- Healthcare Assistant working with a Speech & Language Therapist
- Healthcare Support role
- Youth Worker
This Speech & Language Therapy Assistant (Health Service Skills) course is designed to equip the learner with the opportunity of obtaining a Major QQI Level 5 Award in Health Service Skills 5M3782. This course aims to equip the learner with the necessary skill required to progress on to potential employment as a Healthcare Assistant supporting patients/clients with speech and language issues or to progress to third level institutions in the UK and Ireland.
Minimum Entry Requirements
A Leaving Certificate with minimum of 5 passes. Students must apply for Garda Clearance
- QQI Level 5 – Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- Progression links exist for Level 7 – BSc in Applied Healthcare – SETU Waterford
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. It will consist of one block placement and day release (dates to be specified by the college). Students must obtain work experience themselves.