- Anatomy and Physiology
- Care Skills
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- Human Growth & Development
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Work Experience
- First Aid Responder
- Manual Handling and People Handling Training
- Community Care
- Paramedical Careers
- Social Studies
- Level 7 – BSc in Applied Healthcare, WIT
A full-time course offering a practical and theoretical introduction to the world of nursing, community care and health related careers.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Five O6/H7 Leaving Certificate subjects which include Mathematics and one Science subject.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Garda vetting is a requirement on place acceptance.
- QQI Level 5 – Nursing Studies (5M4349)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions.
- In addition, successful completion of this course may facilitate progression to cognate programmes at a number of UK universities.
- Progression links exist for Level 7 Bachelor of Science in Applied Heath Care in SETU – Waterford.
- Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. It will consist of one block placement and day release (dates to be specified by the college). Students must obtain work experience themselves.
Students wishing to apply for Level 8 nursing programmes in Ireland must satisfy the minimum requirements of The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland. (NMBI) (www.nursingcareers.ie)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.