- Sound Engineering & Production
- Music Industry Studies
- Music Technology
- Digital Video Editing
- Radio Programme Production
- Work Experience
- Image Processing
- Sound Engineering
- Music Journalism
- Local Radio
- Music Promotion
- Game Audio Production
- Film Audio Production
A full-time course for students interested in a career in music/sound engineering/music promotion and journalism. The course examines the music industry with a particular emphasis on visual and sound technologies and music production as well as audio production for film and the games industry. Students have access to an on-campus sound recording studio and radio production facility as part of their training programme.This course is the ideal foundation for a broad range of third level courses in the humanities, music, visual design, game design, Internet related degrees and video production. It also provides students with the necessary skills to create, record, master and promote their own music independently.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/ Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Sound Production (5M2149)
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions. Successful completion of this course will facilitate progression to related courses at Ballyfermot College of Further Education and will also facilitate entry to Level 6 and 7 courses in related areas. In addition our Level 6 Advanced Audio Visual Media programme offers on-site progression for students on this course.
- Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
- Cubase 7
- Abelton Live 9 Suite
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.