- Architectural Drawing
- Building Construction
- Computer-Aided Drawing
- New Technologies & Materials
- Material Science
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health
- Wood Machinist
- CAD Technician
“Ideal pathway to Apprenticeship”
This practical training programme is intended for students who wish to work in the carpentry/joinery, electrical, plumbing and block laying sectors of the construction industry or who wish to seek entry to Apprenticeships/SOLAS (FAS)/Further Training. It also prepares students for progression to third-level.
The course will also give students access to new technologies used in the building sector, such as thermographic imaging and insulation systems and processes.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Construction Technology (5M5010)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
A SafePass is required for anyone entering a construction site to work. We will organise the course in October (subject to numbers) for those who do not have one.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
A SafePass is required for anyone entering a construction site to work. Don’t worry if you don’t have one as we will arrange a cover in early October.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.