- Computer Systems Hardware
- Operating Systems
- Networking Essentials
- ICT Security Policy Management
- Programming Design Principals
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience
- Web Design
- In-house Computer Maintenance
- Network and Computer Maintenance
- Technical Support Sectors
- Network Support Sectors
- PC Manufacturing
- Field Support Technician
This full-time course is designed to give students the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to implement and support PC systems and networks. This course specifically prepares participants for careers within computer maintenance and technical support.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applications from mature students will be considered.
- QQI Level 5 — Computer Systems and Networks (5M0536)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year in a computing environment. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.