- Research and Study Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
- Family Studies
- Child Psychology
- Psychology and Counselling
- Social Work
- Social and Home Care
A full-time course which will be of interest and benefit to those who would like to develop a career in the care, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. This course is a springboard to higher education courses in Psychology, Business Psychology, Applied Psychology, Social Studies and Counselling.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants from mature students and those with relevant prior learning will also be considered.
- QQI Level 5 – General Studies with Applied Psychology (5M3114)
Work experience is not a factor of this course as students will complete the course module QQI Level 5 Personal and Professional Development.
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
Examples: NUI Maynooth BA (Hons) Psychology; Dublin Business School BA (Hons) Psychology; BA (Hons) Psychology (Part time); Higher Diploma in Arts in Psychology; NUI Galway Bachelor of Arts (Psychology.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
There are no tuition fees, however, students may be required to purchase textbooks.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.