- Disability Awareness
- Differentiated Learning Instruction
- Inclusive Education Practice
- Work Experience
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Difficulty Awareness
- Health Promotion
- Supervision in a Special Needs Setting
- Primary Schools – Special Needs Assistant
- Pre-School – Special Needs Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Second Level Schools – Special Needs Assistant
- Out of School Projects
- Back to School Projects
The purpose of this course is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge skill and competence, to design, promote and implement best practice in inclusive education in a range of contexts and settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 5 Childcare (5M2009) or Intellectual Disability Practice (5M1761)
- Social Care.
- Healthcare Support.
- Successful completion of Interview.
- Applications from mature students will be considered.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
- Written References
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Apart for the costs listed under the above link – you will need to budget for:
● First Aid Responder
● Non-violent Crisis Intervention
● Patient and Manual Handling
● Hepatitis B injections (via GP or Medical Centre)
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
The full QQI Level 6 Award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
● Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College. There will be one week of block placement at the end of the first term.
- QQI Level 6 – Inclusive Education and Training (6M2263)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.