- Cabin Crew Operations
- Customer Service
- Global Distribution Systems
- Marketing Practice
- Tourism Information and Administration
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Travel Agencies
- Hotels and Cruise Lines
- Tour Operators
This course is designed for applicants who wish to develop their career prospects within the travel industry. It will offer AMADEUS, IAOT and QQI Certification. On completion of this course, applicants can apply to third level tourism courses or work directly in the travel industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate successfully completed
- Leaving Certificate Applied with minimum Pass level award.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Tourism with Business (5M5011)
- The International Academy of Travel (IAOT)
- AMADEUS – Ireland
- IAOT Certificate in Travel Industry Studies
- AMADEUS Reservations
- Endorsed by World Travel Centre FAREBANK
- Advanced Diploma in Travel Industry Studies (includes AMADEUS)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Supplementary Training Includes
- IAOT Ready to Book
- IAOT Ready to Check-in
- IAOT Ready to Fly
- IAOT Interview with Confidence
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.