- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Business Law
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Conflict Resolution
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- The course will mainly address Higher Education opportunities in areas such as Legal Studies, Business, Social Studies, Health Care
- Employment may be obtained from citizen advice centres and any area where advice is sought in legal matters.
This course will be of interest and benefit to those who have an interest in Legal Studies leading to a career in Law. The course is a springboard to higher education courses in Business, Social Studies, Healthcare and Community Care.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applications from Mature applicants will be considered.
- Applications will be required to undertake Garda Vetting.
- Written references.
- QQI Level 5 – Legal Studies (5M3789
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate will also qualify for entry to the WCFE Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression pathways to WIT and IT Carlow are agreed See: Progression Information here.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. These will also be one week of block placement in the first and second terms.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.