This comprehensive art therapy course aims to introduce the participant to the used of art therapy as a psychotherapeutic intervention. The course will cover both theory and practical elements.
- Introduction to Psychoanalytic Theory which underscores Art Psychotherapy modality
- Freud’s Unsconscious & Free Association, Defence Mechanisms, Interpreting Dreams
- Anna Freud’s Child Psychoanalysis
- Child Development: emotional and psychological
- Jung’s Archetypes & Collective Unconscious
- Chronology of Art Psychotherapy Development
- Janek Dubowski & the notion of Iconic versus Linguistic Mode in human expression and communication
- Vera Vasarhelyi’s Art Psychotherapy: Examining Empty Space, Timelessness, Pictorial Language as an alternative mode of expression and communication
- Use of Art Psychotherapy in Clinical Practice, Case Studies “neuroaesthetics”: the science behind our aesthetic experience and how it informs our cognitive and behavioural enhancement.
- Self Exploration: experiential, to include group work
3rd October 2022 – 19th December 2022
Monday Evenings 7pm – 9pm