The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the application and use of information and communications technologies to enable the learner to apply principles and practices of eBusiness technologies in a range of contexts.
- Summarise the technological aspects required to support eBusiness, to include the development of web architecture, data transmission, client or server architecture, delivery platforms and networks and Electronic Data Interchange
- Explore the evolution of eBusiness and how the internet operates as a global communications network
- Analyse Network Security to include potential threats to a network, available network security components and encrypted communication protocols
- Comment on the usability, reliability, integrity and safety aspects of networks and data
- Examine the role of eBusiness applications, to include marketing, advertising, purchasing, procurement and payments applications, across a range of organisations
- Evaluate the legal, social and economic impact of eBusiness
- Employ a range of generic e-Business applications and search engines to locate business information resources
- Use a range of e-applications to include email, payment systems, video conferencing and file transfer protocol
- Apply an eBusiness strategy to an existing organisation or process
- Recommend appropriate eBusiness platforms, payment mechanisms and security components for a range of business activities
- Recommend online purchasing and procurement processes to include order tracking, shipping, logistics and inventory management to improve existing purchasing and procurement practices.
1st October 2018 – 13th February 2019
Monday evening 6.30pm – 9.30pm