- Tourism Information & Administration
- Tourism Principles & Practice
- Customer Service Skills
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Reception & Frontline Office Skills
- Business Administration Skills
- Hotelier Hub
- Front Office in Service Industry Areas
- Tourism Information Centres
- Tour Guides
- Hotel Reception
This course is designed for applicants who wish to develop their career prospects within the Reception industry. It is a fulltime course designed to prepare students for work in all areas of reception and other front-line positions in both the tourism and the service industries.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate successfully completed/ Leaving Certificate Applied with minimum pass level award.
- Mature students welcome.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Tourism with Business (5M5011)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.