- Sports Anatomy and Physiology
- Holistic Massage
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis
- Exercise & Fitness
- Health Related Fitness
- Sports & Exercise injury prevention
- Personal Effectiveness
- Work Experience
- Health & Hygiene
- Occupational First Aid
- Sports Clinics
- Leisure Attendant
- Gym Instructor
- Alternative Therapy Clinics
- Massage Therapist
- Health Centres
- Physical Therapy Clinics
- Fitness Instructor
This course aims to provide students with the skill and knowledge necessary for employment in the Sports and Leisure industry. It consists of both practical and theoretical training in various aspects of Sports Studies and Body massage. It will provide the student with the knowledge to progress into other specialties in the sport and recreation/sports injury industries.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/ Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Sport & Recreation (5M5146)
- QQI – Body Massage and Figure Analysis (5N3465)
- QQI Occupational First Aid
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry on a competitive basis to the Sports Therapy and Injury Management course in WFCE. This course offers QQI Level 6 Sport and Recreation and ITEC Sports Therapy Qualifications
- Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the college.
This course provides the qualifications needed to apply for the Sports Therapy and Injury Management (Level 6) course in WCFE.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.