- Sport and Recreation Studies
- Exercise and Fitness
- Health Related Fitness
- Leisure Facility Operations
- Work Experience
- Sports Coach/Leader
- Fitness Instructor
- Physical Trainer (Team Sports)
- Gym Instructor
- Leisure Attendant
- Gaelic Football (GAA)
- Soccer (FAI)
- Adventure Sports
- Swimming and Life Saving
- Cardio Tennis
A full-time course specialising in Sport and Sports Coaching. It aims to:
- Introduce students to Sport Studies.
- Provide a practical and theoretical foundation to fitness training.
- Enable students to acquire National Governing Body (NGB) Coaching qualifications in a number of sports.
- Provide a foundation for students wishing to study Sports and Recreation at a higher level.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants will be required to provide Garda clearance.
- QQI Level 5 – Sports, Recreation and Exercise (5M5146)
- Water Safety Ireland National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- First Aid (Optional)
- National Governing Body (NGB) Coaching Awards at appropriate level
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide.
Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
- The full QQI Level 5 certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to the Sports Therapy and Injury Management Level 6 course in WCFE.
This course offers QQI Level 6 Sports and Recreation and ITEC Sports Therapy qualifications.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
This course provides the qualifications needed to apply for the Sports Therapy and Injury Management course.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.