- Intercultural Studies
- Social Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- Work Experience
- Community Addiction Studies
- Young People and Society
- Substance Use lssues For Youth Work
- Patient and Manual Handling
- Occupational First Aid
- MAPA© Management of Actual and Potential Aggression
- Youth Worker
- Care Assistant
- Disability Care
- Nursing Home Care
- Rehab Centres
- Sheltered Housing Facilities
This course will benefit those with an interest in the care, diagnosis and treatment of addiction. The course is a springboard to higher education courses in Social Studies, Health Care, Community Studies, Counselling and Psychology, Psychotherapy and Addiction Counselling.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applications from mature students will be considered.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting.
- Written references.
- QQI Level 5 – Applied Social Studies (5M2181)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions. Progression to the Advanced Certificate in Social Care in WCFE is also possible.
- Specific progression links are available with SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. There will also be one week of block placement in the first and second terms.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.