- Person-Centred Planning
- Rehabilitation Practice
- Health Promotion
- Disability Awareness
- Team Leadership
- Work Experience
- Mental Health Awareness
- Occupational First Aid
- Work Practice
- Patient & Manual Handling
- MAPA© Management of Actual and Potential Aggression
- Residential Childcare
- Youth Service
- Community Child Protection
- Family Support
- Prison System
- Disability Care
- Community Development
This full time course will be of benefit to those who have a particular interest in the professional aspects of social care. The course is designed for students who have already qualified in Level 5 in Social Studies, Special Needs or a course in a similar field. It will suit those who have a good knowledge of social care, seeking to progress in their professional development.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- QQI Level 5 certification in related areas or equivalent, with at least 4 modules passed at merit level.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Written reference.
Students will be required to undergo Garda vetting procedures. Garda vetting forms will be distributed as part of the registration
- The full QQI Level 6 award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Successful
completion of the course may facilitate exemption from the first year of specific degree courses. Further details are available
from the relevant institutions and/or from www.qqi.ie.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Work placement in a relevant environment is an essential part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the college. There will also be a two week block placement in the first term and one week in the second term.
Apart for the costs listed under the above link – you will need to budget for Hepatitis B injections (via GP or Medical Centre).
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
- QQI Level 6 – Social and Vocational Integration (6M2218)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.