- Personal Effectiveness
- Personal and Professional Development
- Word Processing
- ESOL [English as a Second Language]
- Customer Service
A full-time component certificate course aimed to provide students with the opportunity to progress to a full Level 5 certificate Further Education course at WCFE. The course introduces students to methods of study, writing, research and IT skills. The course is aimed at students who do not have the entry requirement for courses at WCFE or the English language requirement for access to these courses. This course, if successfully completed would satisfy the minimum entry requirement for WCFE courses.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age, who have not successfully completed a Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Mature applicants.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – General Studies (5M3114) [Component Certificate]
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. There will be one week of block placement at the end of the first term.
- Progression to a full Level 5 QQI Certificate at WCFE
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.