- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Work Experience
- Beauty Industry – Ethics and Practice
- Word Processing
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- IPU Certificate in Medical Counter Assistance
- Pharmacy Healthcare Advisor
- Cosmetic Sales Assistant
- Pharmacy Field Sales Representative
- Pharmacy Store Manager
- Medical Counter Assistant.
A full-time course offering comprehensive training for participants interested in working in the Retail Pharmacy Sector. Students will gain a knowledge of science based subjects, IT skills, ‘Over the Counter Medicines’ and customer service experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied.
- Successful completion of interview
- Applications from mature candidates will also be considered.
- QQI Level 5: Community Health Services (5M4468 )
- Participants may seek employment within the Retail Pharmacy Sector. In addition a full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry to a range of third level institutions on a competitive basis. Successful candidates may apply to Pharmacy Technician courses or other related Science/Health community based programmes.
Work Experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain work experience placement themselves.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.