- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Work Experience
- Beauty Industry – Ethics and Practice
- Word Processing
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- IPU Certificate in Medical Counter Assistance
- Pharmacy Healthcare Advisor
- Cosmetic Sales Assistant
- Pharmacy Field Sales Representative
- Pharmacy Store Manager
- Medical Counter Assistant.
A full-time course offering comprehensive training for participants interested in working in the Retail Pharmacy Sector. Students will gain a knowledge of science based subjects, IT skills, ‘Over the Counter Medicines’ and customer service experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied.
- Successful completion of interview
- Applications from mature candidates will also be considered.
- QQI Level 5: Community Health Services (5M4468 )
- Participants may seek employment within the Retail Pharmacy Sector.
- ln addition a full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions.
- Successful candidates may apply to Pharmacy Technician courses or other related Science/Health community based programmes.
- Specific progression pathways to SETU – Waterford & Carlow Campus are agreed. See: Progression Information here.
Excel Version or PDF Version of course costs.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work Experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain work experience placement themselves.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.