- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- Human Growth & Development
- Care, Provision and Practice
- Work Experience
- First Aid Responder
- Manual Handling and People Handling Training
- Community Care
- Paramedical Careers
- Social Studies
- Level 7 – BSc in Applied Healthcare, WIT
A full-time course offering a practical and theoretical introduction to the world of nursing, community care and health related careers.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Five O6/H7 Leaving Certificate subjects which include both Mathematics and one Science subject.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Garda vetting is a requirement on place acceptance.
- QQI Level 5 – Nursing Studies (5M4349)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions.
- In addition, successful completion of this course may facilitate progression to cognate programmes at a number of UK universities.
- Progression links exist for Level 7 Bachelor of Science in Applied Heath Care in WIT in Waterford.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and Carlow for this course (see page 49 of brochure).
Nursing Studies incurs a cost of €160, books are extra.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. It will consist of one block placement and day release (dates to be specified by the college). Students must obtain work experience themselves.
Students wishing to apply for Level 8 nursing programmes in Ireland must satisfy the minimum requirements of The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland. (NMBI) (www.nursingcareers.ie)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.