- Care Support
- Health and Safety at Work
- Care Skills
- Work Experience
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Care of the Older Person
- First Aid Responder
- Manual & Patient Handling
- Healthcare Assistants
- Disability Care
- Nursing Home Care
- Hospital Care Assistants
- Level 7 – BSc in Applied Healthcare, WIT
A choice of two full-time awards providing students with the knowledge and experience to obtain future employment in the health services, hospitals, nursing homes or in the community.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Garda vetting is a requirement on place acceptance.
- QQI Level 5 – Healthcare Support (5M4339) or
- QQI Level 5 – Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Progression links exist for Level 7 Bachelor of Science in Applied Health Care in WIT.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course (see page 49 of brochure).
First Aid Responder, Crisis Intervention Training, Patient & Manual Handling and Work Placement Uniform will incur extra costs of approx. €200.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. It will consist of day release (day to be specified by the college.) Students must obtain work placement themselves.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.