- Radio Documentary Production
- Documentary Production (Visual)
- Multimedia Sound
- Sound Engineering and Music Technology
- Media Ethics and Legal Framework
- Media Industry Awareness
- Work Experience
- Media / Multimedia Production Company
- Online Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Broadcast Sound Engineering
- Sound Technician/ Sound Engineering
- Game Design
- Creative Multimedia Development
- Digital Advertising
- Visual Communications
- Audio/ Visual Installation Design
- Environment/ Sensory Design
An exciting and experimental course for the digital age, ideally suited to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in journalism, music, game design, visual arts or creative multimedia. It will focus on documentary production and story-telling, communication through waveform and music, creation of soundscapes for games and film and experimentation with audio/ visual technology. Students will be encouraged to experiment with modern modes of communication to create new sensory experiences for the audience. The course will foster creative communication using perspective, digital platforms and mixed media. It will examine how reality is documented and created and will also look at how individuals construct alternative realities within the world of gaming, advertising and social media. If you have a story to tell, a sound to create, a dimension to build or a new reality in your head you will find this an engaging and accessible course. It would also be ideal for those interested in setting up their own media production company or furthering their studies in film, broadcasting, music or multimedia design. This course is the ideal platform for a broad range of third level courses in the humanities, film, game design, sound and music production, research, writing and broadcasting.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Applicants should have successfully completed a QQI Level 5 Certificate, ideally in any of the following areas; Media, Sound Production, Art Craft & Design, Multimedia, Photography.
- Successful completion of interview.
QQI Level 6 – Advanced Certificate Media Production (6M5130)
- The full QQI Level 6 Award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutes nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutes.
Students enjoy access to a professional recording studio and digital radio facility on campus. Students may also wish to avail of NUJ membership for the duration of the course.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.