- Hairdressing Practical
- Hairdressing Theory
- Hairdressing Science
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
- Safety and Health
- Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-Up
- Hair Salon – 2nd Year Apprentice
- Cruise Liner
- Company Representative
- Hair Retail Outlet
This is a full-time course which involves on- and off-the-job intensive training. It provides students with the range of practical skills and theoretical knowledge required for the hairdressing industry. Training is provided in two fully-equipped modern salons. As part of this course, other experts from the industry hold workshops with the class throughout the year.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/LC Applied
- Successful completion of interview
- Mature students welcome
- QQI – Level 5 Hairdressing Certificate (5M3351)
- Department of Education & Skills Junior Trade Certificate
There are no college tuition fees, however course fees and salon materials amount to €400. Exam fees are €100. Students are also required to purchase a hairdressing kit, costing approx. €350 and books of approx. €50. Uniforms will cost €70.
- One day per week
- Two week block in December
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.