- Closed Circuit TV and Lighting
- Electronics – Digital
- Intruder Alarms & Ac. Ctrl
- Safety & Health at Work
- Cable/Pre Installation Tech
- Work Experience
- TV and Video Servicing
- Alarm Installation
- Alarm Maintenance
- Electronic Technicians
- Process Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
Electronic technology is the driving force behind the development of the world’s information technology. It develops the way electricity is used to control equipment in the fields of medicine, communications, computing, manufacturing, security, business and entertainment. This fulltime course prepares students for a career in the electrical or electronic industries, as well as facilitating entry into a range of engineering disciplines at third level.
The course will give students practical access to some of the latest emerging technologies such as Robotics, Microcontrollers and 3D printing.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Security Systems Technology 5M2109
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course (see page 49 of brochure).
- Approximately €50 for books and equipment.
- Safe Pass may be needed which will cost approx. €70.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.