- Architectural Drawing
- Building Construction
- Computer-Aided Drawing
- Material Science
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Wood Machinist
- CAD Technician
This practical training programme is intended for students who wish to work in the carpentry/joinery, electrical, plumbing and block laying sectors of the construction industry or who wish to seek entry to Apprenticeships/SOLAS (FAS)/Further Training. It also prepares students for progression to third-level.
The course will also give students access to new technologies used in the building sector, such as thermographic imaging and insulation systems and processes.
A SafePass is required for anyone entering a construction site to work. For those who do not have one, we will organise a Safe Pass course in October.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Construction Technology (5M5010)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course (see page 49 of brochure).
- €70 approximately (Safe Pass). A Safe Pass is needed for this course. For those who do not have one, an opportunity will be arranged early in the first term to obtain one.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
A SafePass is required for anyone entering a construction site to work. Don’t worry if you don’t have one as we will arrange a cover in early October.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.