- Ecological Field Methods
- Biological Diversity
- Sustainable Water Management
- Environmental Studies
- Permaculture Design
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- Environmental Protection and Conservation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Natural Resources, Heritage, Environment and Land Use Management
- Monitoring Compliance with Environmental Regulations
- Waste and Natural Resource Management
- Pollution Monitoring
- Environmental Impact Assessments
This exciting new course is designed to examine the impact of issues such as climate change and global habitat degradation, with a view to providing a grounding in future-proof, sustainable environmental practices. You will acquire a broad base of knowledge in ecological sustainability, conservation and biodiversity, including theoretical concepts and best practices relating to ecosystems. You will learn:
- How to collect data when monitoring and maintaining ecosystems,
- How to examine plant and animal characteristics in the environment
- How to measure and report on land and water pollution
- How environmentally-sound landscape management can alleviate the issues associated with modern urban and rural development.
If you wish to pursue further study in Environmental Science or if you wish to change your community through involvement in local environmental groups, this course provides a firm grounding for further work in sustainability and environmentalism.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate /Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants from mature students will be considered.
- QQI Level 5 – Applied Ecology (5M5028)
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the college.
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.