- Web Authoring
- Image Processing
- Multimedia Authoring
- Multimedia Project Development
- Work Experience
- Web Design
- Multimedia Production
- Software Production
- Interactive Instructional Design
Multimedia involves the use of a combination of media such as sound, video, film, animation, graphics and artwork in the production of graphic design, computer games, websites or advertisements. This full-time course aims to introduce students to the use of multimedia computing in a range of design and production areas. Students gain skills in industry computer packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Premier Pro.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applications from mature students will be considered.
- QQI Level 5 – Multimedia Production (5M2146)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions. WCFE has an annual agreement with LIT (Clonmel) in relation to progression from this Multimedia Course.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course (see page 49 of brochure).
- €100 approximately.
Work experience placement in a range of local business environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.