- Child Development
- Early Child Care and Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Work Experience
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood
- Safety and Health at Work
- Assistants in Crèches
- Assistants in Nurseries
- Playschool Assistants
- Au pairing
This full-time course prepares students to work with young children in a variety of childcare settings. It is suitable for both school-leavers and for experienced mature persons seeking a formal qualification.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Written references.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further
details are available from the relevant institutions.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Childcare.
- Specific progression links are available with WIT and IT Carlow for this course. See: Progression Information here.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College. There will also be two weeks of block placement at the end of first term.
- QQI Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education (5M2009)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.