- Research and Study Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
- Family Studies
- Child Psychology
- Psychology and Counselling
- Social Work
- Social and Home Care
A full-time course which will be of interest and benefit to those who would like to develop a career in the care, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. This course is a springboard to higher education courses in Psychology, Business Psychology, Applied Psychology, Social Studies and Counselling.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants from mature students and those with relevant prior learning will also be considered.
- QQI Level 5 – General Studies with Applied Psychology (5M3114)
Work experience is not a factor of this course as students will complete the course module QQI Level 5 Personal and Professional Development.
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
Examples: NUI Maynooth BA (Hons) Psychology; Dublin Business School BA (Hons) Psychology; BA (Hons) Psychology (Part time); Higher Diploma in Arts in Psychology; NUI Galway Bachelor of Arts (Psychology.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.