- Human Growth and Development
- Care Provision and Practice
- Work Experience
- Behavioural Studies
- Mental Health Awareness
- Family Studies
- Rehab Centres
- Sheltered Housing Facilities
- Human Resources
- Social Services
A full-time course which will be of interest and benefit to those who would like to develop a career in the care, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. This course is a springboard to higher education courses in Psychology, Business Psychology, Applied Psychology, Social Studies and Counselling.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants from mature students and those with relevant prior learning will also be considered.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda Vetting.
- Written References.
- QQI Level 5 – Community Health Services (5M4468)
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. There will be one week of block placement at the end of the first term.
The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions
There are no college tuition fees. However, costs may be anticipated for:
- Occupational first aid (approx. €90)
- MAPA© (approx. €25)
- Text books (approx. €100)
- Hepatitis B injections (via GP or Medical Centre)
- Patient and Manual Handling (€50)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.