- Disability Awareness
- Differentiated Learning Instruction
- Inclusive Education Practice
- Work Experience
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Difficulty Awareness
- Health Promotion
- Supervision in a Special Needs Setting
- Primary Schools – Special Needs Assistant
- Pre-School – Special Needs Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Second Level Schools – Special Needs Assistant
- Out of School Projects
- Back to School Projects
The purpose of this course is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge skill and competence, to design, promote and implement best practice in inclusive education in a range of contexts and settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 5 Childcare (5M2009) or Intellectual Disability Practice (5M1761)
- Social Care.
- Healthcare Support.
- Successful completion of Interview.
- Applications from mature students will be considered.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
- Written References
- QQI Level 6 – Inclusive Education and Training (6M2263)
There are no tuition fees, however costs may be anticipated for:
- Textbooks – approx. €100
- First Aid Response
- Patient and Manual Handling
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training(The total cost of the 3 training courses above is €200)
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College. There will be one week of block placement at the end of the first term.
- There are no college tuition fees. However, costs may be anticipated for: Occupational first aid (approx. €90)
- NVCIT (approx. €25)
- Text books (approx. €100)
- Hepatitis B injections (via GP or Medical Centre)
- Patient and Manual Handling (€50)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.