- Supervision in Childcare
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Child Development
- Creative Studies for Special Needs
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Work Experience
- Early Childhood Literacy and Numeracy
- Team Leadership
- Crèche Leader
- Nursery Supervisor
- Pre-School Leader
- Playgroup Leader
This course will be of benefit to those who have a particular interest in professional and social aspects of childcare. The course is designed for students who have already qualified to Level 5 and wish to continue their studies. It will suit those who have a good knowledge of childcare and are seeking to progress in their professional development.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare or Community Care or equivalent
- Successful completion of interview.
- Written references.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
Work experience placement in a range of local environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the college. There will be one week of block placement at the end of the first term.
The full QQI Level 6 Certificate (6M2007) facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions and/or on the QQI website (www.qqi.ie). Successful completion of this course may facilitate
exemption from the first year of specific degree courses (see pages 52).
Students who successfully complete QQI Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education can apply for the final year 3 of the BA (Hons) Childhood Studies Programme at the University of Sunderland, UK.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
- QQI Level 6 – Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007)
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.