- Supervision in Childcare
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Work Experience
- Early Childhood Literacy and Numeracy
- Team Leadership
- Crèche Leader
- Nursery Supervisor
- Pre-School Leader
- Playgroup Leader
This course will be of benefit to those who have a particular interest in professional and social aspects of childcare. The course is designed for students who have already qualified to Level 5 and wish to continue their studies. It will suit those who have a good knowledge of childcare and are seeking to progress in their professional development.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare or Community Care or equivalent
- Successful completion of interview.
- Written references.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
- QQI Level 6 – Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007)
The full QQI Level 6 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions and/or on the QQI website (www.qqi.ie). Successful completion of this course may facilitate exemption from the first year of specific degree courses (see page 49 of brochure).
There are no tuition fees, however costs may be anticipated for:
- Text Books – approx. €100
Work experience placement in a range of local environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the College. There will also be two weeks of block placement at the end of the first term.
There will be an opportunity for selected students to participate in an Erasmus + programme in Italy at the start of December. Students will be offered a two week placement opportunity in an early years setting in Milan and will be accompanied by a staff member from the Childcare and Psychology Department.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.