- Professional Practice Placement in ELC
(150 hours placement)
– Birth – 2.8 years
– 2.8 years – 6 years
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulation
- Early Childhood Growth and Development
● Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies
● Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs
● Holistic Care of Children
(Birth – 6 years)
- Supervisor/Room Leader in an Early Learning and Care setting.
This full-time course prepares students to work with young children in a variety of childcare settings. It is suitable for both school-leavers and for experienced mature persons seeking a formal qualification.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/ Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Applicants whose first language isn’t English need to have a B2 competence in an English language test.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Applicants will be required to undertake Garda vetting. International students must also provide Police vetting from the country/countries where they have previously lived.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
The NFQ Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain
one day per week work experience for the academic year. The day will be specified by the college. There will be a two-week block placement at the end of the first term. Students are required to gain experience of working with babies and toddlers aged from birth to 2 years 8 months, and pre-school children aged 2 years 8 months to 6 years.
Two years – Learners can achieve a Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care if they wish to leave after year one.
- NFQ Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care *
*subject to QQI validation
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.