- Information & Administration
- Legal Practice & Procedures
- Medical Terminology
- Payroll Manual & Computerised
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Text Production
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- Medical Practices
- Law Firms
- Accounts and Payroll Departments
- General Office or Reception Work in all types of Business Organisations
- This course is an intensive full-time course which will provide students with the knowledge and skills to work in a variety of office or reception environments, enhanced by participation in work experience.
- The Medical Terminology module develops students knowledge, skills and competence enabling them to work as a medical receptionist or in an administrative role in medical practice, clinic or hospital context.
- Studying the Legal Practice and Procedures module, students are given an overview of legal structures in Ireland, its court system and branches of Civil and Criminal Law, which will support their progression to finding employment as a legal administrator.
- Including modules such as Manual & Computerised Payroll and Spreadsheet Methods develops a huge range of transferrable skills, sought after by employers and therefore opens up several extra opportunities for employment for our graduates.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- QQI Level 5 – Office Administration (5M1997)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate will also qualify for entry to the WCFE Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression pathways to WIT and IT Carlow are agreed See: Progression Information here.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a range of local office environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year in a relevant environment. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.