- Accommodation Techniques
- Food Preparation
- Food Science and Technology
- Menu Planning and Applied
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Guest Houses
A full-time course designed to prepare students for the Hotel & Catering Industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- QQI Level 5 – Hospitality Operations (5N2083)
The full QQI Level 5 award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression pathways to WIT and IT Carlow are agreed See: Progression Information here.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. It will consist of two block placements (to be specified by the college) and/or day release.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.