- Business Administration Skills
- Book-keeping (Manual and Computerised)
- Payroll (Manual and Computerised)
- Start your own Business
- Word Processing/Text Production
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheets Methods
- Marketing Practice
- General Office Work
- Customer Service
- Sales and Marketing
An intensive full-time course which will provide students with the knowledge and skills to work in a business environment. This course in business studies gives the student a solid foundation in the academic, practical and personal skills required for a career in the business area.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- QQI Level 5 – Business Studies (5M2102)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate will also qualify for entry to the WCFE Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression pathways to WIT and IT Carlow are agreed (see page of the brochure).
There are no tuition fees, however costs of approx. €70 may be anticipated for textbooks.
- Work experience placement in a range of local office environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year in a relevant environment. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.