- Business Administration Skills
- Marketing Practice
- Work Experience
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Word Processing
- Legal Offices
- Diverse sectors e.g. Insurance and banking
- Public sector
This course will be of benefit to learners interested in gaining the skills and knowledge to work in a business/ legal environment and/or to progress to further or third-level education.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- QQI Level 5 – Business Studies (5M2102)
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate will also qualify for entry to the WCFE Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business.
- The full QQI Level 5 Certificate facilitates entry, on a competitive basis, to a range of third-level institutions nationwide. Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
- Specific progression pathways to WIT and IT Carlow are agreed See: Progression Information here.
Please Note: Every effort is made to have these costs as accurate as possible, however, please be aware that some of these costings are supplied by external agencies & external exam bodies and there is a potential for those to change unexpectedly. If changes occur they will be communicated to learners as soon as possible.
Work experience placement in a range of local office environments is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year in a relevant environment. The day will be specified by the College.
N.B. Due to ongoing developments in QQI awards, names and content are subject to change.