This course is suitable for those who have an interest in the area of Psychology, specifically Psychotherapy and counselling skills. The course is a non-certified course and does not offer a qualification in the area. Rather it is designed to offer the participant an insight into the area of counselling looking at some of the approaches and techniques used by psychotherapists today.
with counselling skills
- Understand how trust/confidentiality aid the therapeutic process.
- Carl Rogers and the Humanistic approach.
- Aaron Beck and the cognitive approach.
- Reflection and mirroring
- Becoming aware of what we say and how we say it.
- Expression and acceptance of own feelings
- Gain a better understanding of emotions and feelings.
- Understand how present difficulties are rooted in the past.
- Strategies and solutions that are right for the client.
1st February 2023 – 17th May 2023
Wednesday Evenings 7pm – 9pm