This programme module will provide the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work independently in a supervisory management capacity in a variety of sectors.
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager in the modern workplace.
- To facilitate learners to appreciate the importance of developing and implementing quality systems, procedures and standards within an organisation based on industry standards, recommended practice and statutory compliance.
- To enable an understanding of the recruitment and employment process, including evaluation of need, resource planning, sourcing, screening and evaluation of candidate suitability.
- To assist the learner in developing an appreciation of the risks, liability and importance of adequate insurance cover.
- To develop an appreciation for the importance of and practical skills to devise and maintain departmental budgets and operational records, rosters and maintenance schedules.
- To create an awareness of modern staff training and development including needs assessment and feedback, and selection and use of a variety of training methods, supporting aids and materials.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Supervisory Management through the medium of the indicative content
- To enable the learner to exercise substantial personal autonomy and responsibility.
7 th Oct 2019 – 10 th Feb 2020
Monday evenings 6.30 pm – 9.30 pm
€400 includes examination fee.